Zoom Downtown, Toll Free!
We've added trips to several of our MetroExpress routes, and 3 of them take advantage of the MoPac Express Lanes, letting riders bypass traffic.
With 50% more service, faster trips downtown and toll-free access to the fast lane, Cap Metro gives you better choices than ever before. Express buses have free Wi-Fi, comfy seats and room for your bike. They save you money on tolls, gas and car maintenance ... so why fight
And now ... weekend service!
980 North MoPac Express and
985 Leander/Lakeline Direct now offer Saturday service! That comes just in time to make up for the coming
MetroRail service disruption. The 980 will get you from Howard Station to downtown and the UT campus, and the 985 begins in Leander, serves Lakeline Station, connects to Republic Square and ends on campus. Both routes operate from 4 p.m. past midnight on
- Route 980 North MoPac Express operates in the MoPac Express Lanes, serving the New Life Park & Ride. It includes service between Round Rock and downtown 3 times in the morning and 3 times after work.
Route 981 Oak Knoll Express operates in the MoPac Express Lanes and serves the Pavilion and Great Hills Park & Rides before heading directly to downtown.
- Route 985 Leander/Lakeline Direct operates all day. It also uses the Express Lanes and serves Leander and Lakeline Stations before heading directly to downtown.
- Route 982 Pavilion Express operates all day, serving the Pavilion and Great Hills Park & Rides before heading directly to the 38th
Street medical areas.
- Route 987: Leander/Lakeline Express operates in the Express Lanes for some trips. Route 987 serves Leander and Lakeline Stations before heading directly to the 38th Street medical area.
MetroExpress connects suburban neighborhoods with downtown Austin, UT and the 38th Street medical complex. Weekday service offers commuters an alternative to driving alone. Visit our
Park & Ride map, then
plan your trip and turn drive time into “my time.”
|Commuter fares |
|Single Ride ||$3.50|
|Single Ride, Reduced ||$1.75|
|Day Pass ||$7.00|
|Day Pass, Reduced ||$3.50|
|7-Day Pass ||$27.50|
|31-Day Pass ||$96.25|
|31-Day Pass, Reduced ||$48.10|
Riding MetroExpress requires riders to purchase a
Commuter fare . When you purchase a Day Pass, 7-Day or 31-Day Pass, you can use it on any Capital Metro bus or train. Make a transfer or ride to lunch, or run errands without paying additional fares.
- On the
CapMetro App : Purchase any pass with credit card by downloading the CapMetro App.
- On the bus: Single Ride and Day Passes may be purchased on the bus. Exact change or a Stored Value Card is required.
- At local retail outlets: Many supermarkets sell monthly passes at the courtesy counter, or you can purchase passes at the Capital Metro Transit Store, 209 E. 9 th.
- Online: Have passes mailed to you when you purchase from Capital Metro’s
Online Marketplace .
Reduced fares are available to qualified riders. They generally cost about half the price of our regular fares. Please view the "Fare Per Service Type" section above to see exact prices and visit our
Reduced Fare ID Card page to learn about eligibility and how to apply.