Continuous improvement is our goal and so we take seriously what our customers tell us about our services. The January 2020 service changes respond to that feedback and are meant to improve the rider experience while making sure
our system runs as efficiently as possible.
These changes were approved by the Capital Metro board of directors October 28 and will take effect Sunday, Jan. 5, 2020.
- We'll adjust the schedules of Routes 980 North MoPac Express and 985 Leander/Lakeline Direct to accommodate new riders and make sure our customers continue to receive strong service.
- Howard Station will become a permanent addition to the 980’s service. The route began to serve Howard Station (in addition to the adjacent New Life Park & Ride) to accommodate MetroRail’s summer service disruption. The decision to
make this move permanent came after receiving positive customer and operational feedback.
- Remove the Saturday service that began in the summer to accommodate MetroRail’s service disruption.
Saturday service will return and feature all 9 MetroRail stations, including Leander Station, which previously did not receive weekend service. MetroRail will also add
3 daily trips, to serve even more customers and extend the service hours so the last train would depart downtown after 7 p.m. Rail connector routes at MLK and
Kramer Stations would also be extended to match the extra MetroRail service.
Service in Round Rock will change to match ridership demand and better enable transfers to other bus routes and to MetroRail trips at Howard Station.
A few routes will see changes to schedules, hours of service or routing to accommodate changes in ridership patterns and construction projects:
- Route 337 Koenig/Colony Park will return to its previous routing using Loyola Lane to cross U.S. 183 rather than operating on the detoured route it’s used since June
2018 between Crystal Brook and Springdale.
- To match the level of service to customer demand, the hours of service on E-Bus service (Routes 410, 411 and 412) will shorten, beginning later in the evening.
- Minor schedule adjustments for multiple routes to improve reliability