Continuous improvement is our goal and so we take seriously what our customers tell us about our services. The January 2020 service changes respond to that feedback and are meant to improve the rider experience while making sure
our system runs as efficiently as possible.
These changes will go before the Capital Metro board of directors October 28 and, if approved, would take effect Sunday, Jan. 5, 2020.
Wednesday, October 9
Capital Metro Headquarters
2910 East 5th St, Austin, TX 78702
Served by Routes 4 and 300 and Pickup East ATX.
Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications are provided upon request. Please provide notice at least two days in advance. Contact Martin Kareithi at 512-389-7583 or
by email for more information or to request informational materials in another format.
- Adjust the schedules of Routes 980 North MoPac Express and 985 Leander/Lakeline Direct to ensure our customers continue to be well served even while we add new riders.
- Make Howard Station a permanent addition to the 980’s service. The route began to serve Howard Station (in addition to the adjacent New Life Park & Ride) to accommodate MetroRail’s summer service disruption. The decision to
make this move permanent came after receiving positive customer and operational feedback.
- Remove the Saturday service that began in the summer to accommodate MetroRail’s service disruption.
Saturday service would return and feature all 9 MetroRail stations, including Leander Station, which previously did not receive weekend service. MetroRail would also add
3 daily trips, to serve even more customers and extend the service hours so the last train would depart downtown after 7 p.m. Rail connector routes at MLK and
Kramer Stations would also be extended to match the extra MetroRail service
Service in Round Rock would change to match ridership demand and better enable transfers to other bus routes and to MetroRail trips at Howard Station.
A few routes would see changes to schedules, hours of service or routing to accommodate changes in ridership patterns and construction projects:
- Route 337 Koenig/Colony Park would return to its previous routing using Loyola Lane to cross U.S. 183 rather than operating on the detoured route it’s used since June
2018 between Crystal Brook and Springdale.
- To match the level of service to customer demand, the hours of service on E-Bus service (Routes 410, 411 and 412) would shorten, beginning later in the evening.
- Minor schedule adjustments for multiple routes to improve reliability