Continuous improvement is our goal, and so we take into account feedback we receive from our customers and from the wider public when considering changes to our service. The June 2019 Service Changes respond to that feedback and are intended to improve the rider experience while
maintaining system efficiency.
These changes will go before the Capital Metro board of directors March 25 and, if approved, would take effect Sunday, June 2.
The Cap Remap changes transformed our bus network last June and greatly increased High-Frequency service throughout Austin. While it's less than a year into the process, we've seen great success with the new network. However, we know that several routes can still improve.
These changes were designed to:
Add service to accommodate high ridership on popular routes
- Route 271 Del Valle Feeder
Improve on-time performance for some routes
- Route 1 North Lamar/South Congress
- Route 7 Duval/Dove Springs
- Route 10 South 1st/Red River
- Route 17 Cesar Chavez
- Route 18 MLK
- Route 20 Manor Road/Riverside
- Route 135 Dell Limited
- Route 142 Metric Flyer
- Route 300 Springdale/Oltorf
- Route 322 Chicon/Cherrywood
- Route 345 45th Street
- Route 350 Airport Blvd.
- Route 392 Braker
- Route 481 Night Owl North Lamar
- Route 801 North Lamar/South Congress
- Route 935 Tech Ridge Express
- Route 980 North Mopac Express
- Route 987 Leander/Lakeline Express
A new Park & Ride that fulfills requests made by our customers, the Westgate Transit Center is scheduled to open soon. It will provide parking for almost 200 vehicles and serve as a transit hub for Southwest Austin residents, with space
dedicated for bikes, Car2Go and other ways to connect you to your bus.
Last year, our board of directors approved changes to a number of routes that will move their main transfer points from Western Trails Blvd. to the new transit center. Routes directly serving the Westgate Transit Center will be:
- Route 30 Barton Creek Square
- Route 300 Springdale/Oltorf
- Route 311 Stassney
- Route 315 Ben White
- Route 318 Westgate/Slaughter
- Route 484 Night Owl South Lamar
- Route 803 Burnet/South Lamar
Route 3 Burnet/Manchaca and Route 103 Manchaca Flyer will not serve the Westgate Transit Center but will connect nearby.
This spring, we'll break ground on the new Downtown Station and begin construction on a project that will last at least 2 years. This will disrupt MetroRail service in some significant ways.
Route 470 in Manor would be eliminated and replaced by Pickup, an on-demand service similar to a pilot service that operated previously in Northeast Austin.
If approved, Pickup would provide service on weekdays only. Customers would summon their ride using the Pickup app, or by calling in a same-day reservation, and be able to travel within the
Manor Pickup service area for more details
Some routes would stop operating school-related trips, E-Bus service would be suspended for the summer and UT Shuttle routes would begin to operate their summer service.
- School trips on Routes 4, 7, 10 & 17 would be suspended until the next school year begins in August.
- E-Bus Routes 410, 411 and 412 would also suspend their service until August.
- UT Shuttle Routes 640, 641, 642, 656, 661, 663, 670, 671, 672, 680, 681 & 682 would shift to their summer service levels until the fall session begins.