Continuous improvement is our goal, and so we take into account feedback we receive from our customers and from the wider public when considering changes to our service. The June 2019 Service Changes respond to that feedback and are intended to improve the rider experience while
maintaining system efficiency.
These changes were approved by the Capital Metro board of directors March 25 and will take effect Sunday, June 2.
The Cap Remap changes transformed our bus network last June and greatly increased High-Frequency service throughout Austin. While it's less than a year into the process, we've seen great success with the new network. However, we know that several routes can still improve.
These changes were designed to:
Add service to accommodate high ridership on popular routes
- Route 271 Del Valle Feeder
Improve on-time performance for some routes
- Route 1 North Lamar/South Congress
- Route 7 Duval/Dove Springs
- Route 10 South 1st/Red River
- Route 17 Cesar Chavez
- Route 18 MLK
- Route 20 Manor Road/Riverside
- Route 135 Dell Limited
- Route 142 Metric Flyer
- Route 300 Springdale/Oltorf
- Route 322 Chicon/Cherrywood
- Route 345 45th Street
- Route 350 Airport Blvd.
- Route 392 Braker
- Route 481 Night Owl North Lamar
- Route 801 North Lamar/South Congress
- Route 935 Tech Ridge Express
- Route 980 North Mopac Express
- Route 987 Leander/Lakeline Express
A new Park & Ride that fulfills requests made by our customers, the Westgate Transit Center is scheduled to open soon. It will provide parking for almost 200 vehicles and serve as a transit hub for Southwest Austin residents, with space
dedicated for bikes, Car2Go and other ways to connect you to your bus.
Last year, our board of directors approved changes to a number of routes that will move their main transfer points from Western Trails Blvd. to the new transit center. Routes directly serving the Westgate Transit Center will be:
- Route 30 Barton Creek Square
- Route 300 Springdale/Oltorf
- Route 311 Stassney
- Route 315 Ben White
- Route 318 Westgate/Slaughter
- Route 803 Burnet/South Lamar
Route 3 Burnet/Manchaca, Route 103 Manchaca Flyer and Night Owl Route 484 South Lamar will not serve the Westgate Transit Center but will connect nearby.
This spring, we'll break ground on the new Downtown Station and begin construction on a project that will last at least 2 years. This will disrupt MetroRail service in some significant ways.
Route 470 in Manor will be eliminated and replaced by Pickup, an on-demand service similar to a pilot service that operated previously in Northeast Austin.
Pickup will provide service on weekdays only. Customers can summon their ride using the Pickup app, or by calling in a same-day reservation, and be able to travel within the
Manor Pickup service area for more details
Some routes will stop operating school-related trips, E-Bus service will be suspended for the summer and UT Shuttle routes will begin to operate their summer service.
- School trips on Routes 4, 7, 10 & 17 will be suspended until the next school year begins in August.
- E-Bus Routes 410, 411 and 412 will also suspend their service until August.
- UT Shuttle Routes 640, 641, 642, 656, 661, 663, 670, 671, 672, 680, 681 & 682 will shift to their summer service levels until the fall session begins.