Traffic Jam events are great opportunities to learn more about Project Connect’s vision for a high-capacity transit system in Central Texas – and to be a part of the solution! Materials presented at each Traffic Jam event are included below. Find out more about
upcoming Project Connect public events
here, and get involved.
Mini Traffic Jams
We're hosting six area Mini Traffic Jams in the coming weeks – three in north Austin and three in south Austin. We hope you'll join us to talk transit!
- May 19, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Westover Hill Church of Christ, 8332 Mesa Drive, Austin
- May 23, 6-8 p.m. | Dove Springs Recreation Center, 5801 Ainez Drive, Austin
Past Mini Jams
- May 8 | Austin Public Library - Hampton Branch at Oak Hill
- May 5 | Lifeworks South Austin Youth & Family Resource Center
- April 28 | North Austin YMCA
- April 18 | Turner Roberts Recreation Center
Traffic Jam! Taking It to the Streets
March 28, 2018
Austin Central Library –
The Austin Transportation Department and Capital Metro partnered to host this open house-styled event attended by over 200 people. Participants learned about the approaches the two agencies are taking to improve
the region's transportation future and got the latest information about the
Austin Strategic Mobility Plan (ASMP) and Project Connect.
Traffic Jam! A La Mode
July 26, 2017 – Huston-Tillotson University
– This event featured presentations by national high-capacity transit mode experts who highlighted successful projects in their cities. Regional transportation leaders also discussed transportation issues specific to
Central Texas. The event was attended by more than 130 people, with many participating in an insightful Q&A session. Did we mention there was ice cream?
Traffic Jam Kickoff
March 4, 2017 - Bullock Texas State History Museum
– This public workshop, hosted with the city of Austin, gave Central Texas residents a chance to learn about the approach agencies are taking to solve the region’s transportation dilemmas. More than 225 members of
the public came out to “talk transit” with us, participate in games and other activities, and give us their invaluable feedback.