Workforce Aid Pass
Beginning June 1, fares will be reinstated for all Capital Metro services. Through June, we will offer fare-free service to customers experiencing unemployment and have been approved for benefits through the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) during the ongoing public health crisis.
The new Workforce Aid Pass program will enable customers looking for work to use transit without worrying about the costs associated with a CapMetro pass. Anyone who is currently unemployed and has received a letter or email to receive unemployment benefits from the TWC is eligible.
How it Works
To request a Workforce Aid Pass, you need to:
- Apply for the Workforce Aid Pass program:
- In person at the Capital Metro Transit Store located at 209 W. 9th Street in downtown Austin.
- Or by emailing CapMetro (see links below).
- Provide in person or attach a copy of your TWC letter or email acknowledging your approval status.
- When submitting your request by email, be sure to include your contact details, which must match the information that appears on the TWC approval letter. Please include:
- Email address.
- Physical address (not a post office box, please include apartment number).
- Phone number.
- Choose the email address below that corresponds to the type of pass you are requesting (Commuter or MetroAccress, and either a digital pass sent to your CapMetro App account or a physical paper pass you pick up at the Transit Store or that can be mailed to you).
Eligible customers will receive a special Workforce Aid Pass that is valid for the entire month of June and expire at 11:59 p.m. on June 30.
Available Pass Options
To request a pass, click the appropriate link below:
If you request a digital pass, you must have a free CapMetro App account. Be sure to provide the same email address for the Workforce Aid Pass that you have registered with the CapMetro App.