The Reduced Fare ID (RFID) Card enables eligible riders to receive a half-price fare. The card costs $3 and is good for 2 years.
Students 6-18 who do not have a school ID issued by their school can also apply for an RFID card. Eligible riders must have the RFID Card with them in order to receive the reduced fare. Lost, stolen or damaged cards cost $3 to replace for the first 2 replacements. The 3rd replacement costs $6. You can replace your card at the Transit Store.
How to apply
There are several ways to get an application for an RFID Card:
- Pick up an application at the Transit Store.
- Call 512-389-7475 and request an application in the mail.
- Download the application from one of the following locations:
How to use your RFID Card to board the bus
To use your RFID Card (or current Disability Fare Card):
1. Tap it on the target area of the farebox. Be prepared to show your ID to the bus operator, if requested.
2. Insert exact cash fare or a Stored Value Card into the top of the farebox, or swipe your pass through the card reader.
3. If needed, ask the bus operator for a Reduced Day Pass.
How to renew your RFID card
RFID cards must be renewed every two years. Please stop by the Transit Store to take an updated photo for the card weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. - no appointment is necessary. Renewal processing is not available by phone or online.
Questions? Call our Customer Service GO Line at 512-474-1200 or email us at email@example.com.